There are multiple ways to cook using cannabis, but most methods involve cannabis buds being mixed with cooking elements such as butter or olive oil, so that the cannabis is easily able to transition into a delicious form of medication. Cannabis infused butter and oil is made from the sugar trim leaves of cannabis – therefore, it is particularly high in THC content. We at Bloom Well offer medicated cannabutter, both clarified and unclarified, at $20 for a 4oz jar and $35 for an 8oz jar.
In case you were curious about the difference between clarified and unclarified butter – a regular stick of butter is considered unclarified. Butter is clarified in order to increase its shelf life, remove water and milk solids and increase its smoking point. In general, unclarified butter is better to use when cooking, whereas clarified butter is preferable if you are using it to medicate your tea, for example.
If you are more inclined to make your own cannabutter, we have a recipe just for you.
How to Make Cannabutter
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Servings:6 (1/2 cup of cannabutter)
1/4 oz of cannabis buds, finely ground
1/2 cup (one stick) salted butter (higher smoking point)
(to make cannamargarine, substitute margarine for butter).
1. Melt butter on low heat in medium saucepan
2. Add ground buds to melted butter a little at a time, stirring in between additions
3. Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring frequently (you should see bubbles slowly forming on the surface).
General Rule: 1 pound of butter (4 sticks) can absorb 1 ounce of cannabis. For larger quantities, simmer for 60 minutes.
4. Strain the butter into your container using a metal strainer to filter out the ground buds from the butter mixture.
5. Press a spoon against the ground bud in the metal strainer to release all the cannabutter.
6. You can use the cannabutter immediately or store in the fridge for later.
For more lovely recipes, visit the Stoner’s Cookbook here.