Many cannabis edible recipes require cooking materials other than cannabutter (the recipe for which can be found here). Some, such as pasta, require an oil-based cannabis infusion, while others call for the use of cannamayo to create their delicious treats. Whatever you’ll be cooking, we have a couple recipes just for you.
How to Make Cannaoil
6 cups olive/canola oil
1 ounce buds, finely ground
or 2 ounces trimmed leaf
1. In a heavy saucepan (or double boiler), slowly heat oil on low heat for a few minutes. You should begin to smell its aroma.
2. Add a little bit of cannabis to oil and stir until it is completely coated with oil. Continue to add cannabis in this fashion until the entire amount of cannabis is mixed into oil.
3. Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring periodically. (For amounts larger than the quantities of cannabis listed, simmer for 60 minutes).
4. Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool before straining.
5. Press the cannabis mixture against a metal strainer with the back of a spoon to squeeze all the oil out of it.
6. Save the oil in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two months and throw the leftover cannabis into the compost.
How to Make Cannamayo
1 cup Cannaoil
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
A pinch of sea salt
1. Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, vinegar and mustard together thoroughly.
2. Add the Cannaoil slowly while whisking constantly.
3. Whisk until the mayonnaise begins to thicken. (Add a few drops of water if it becomes too thick).
4. Store mayonnaise in an airtight container. Chill in the refrigerator.
For more lovely recipes, visit the Stoner’s Cookbook here.
The post Cooking With Cannabis – How to Make Cannaoil and Cannamayo appeared first on Bloom Well.