While medical cannabis has had a rocky history for the past century, as more people are becoming comfortable with it, each year more places have been legalizing cannabis for medical use. It can be difficult, however, to navigate all of the information out there. So, how do you know that medical cannabis is right for you? The first step is to ask your doctor. It is only through close work with your healthcare provider that you can decide whether or not cannabis will be helpful to you.
We know that talking about medical cannabis can be intimidating and confusing. Our goal is to remove the stigma surrounding this industry and empower patients to ask the right questions so they can get the treatment they need. Here’s a list of questions you can ask your healthcare provider to determine if medical cannabis is an option for you and, if so, what your next steps should be. These basic questions will help start the conversation between you and your healthcare provider. However, it may also be beneficial to write down a few questions that are specific to you and your medical history. Use this conversation as a way to debunk myths about cannabis use and figure out the facts.
- What are the health risks associated with cannabis use?
- What types of ailments can be treated with cannabis? Does cannabis seem like a good option for my ailments?
- What is your suggested cannabis consumption method? Should I smoke it, use medibles, or what about vaporizers?
- Does medicinal cannabis seem like a good option for my lifestyle?
- Where can I find more information on medicinal cannabis?
- Will I be able to perform my everyday duties while using medicinal cannabis?
- As a parent, will I be able to use my medicinal cannabis around my children?
- How do I stay safe while using medicinal cannabis?
- Will cannabis interact with my other medications?
In addition to asking your healthcare provider questions about medical cannabis, we encourage you to check out the Leafly Knowledge Center and our other blog posts on this site to educate yourself about the medical cannabis industry. If you do some research before you meet with your doctor, you can ask specific questions and will be better prepared to have a thoughtful conversation with your healthcare provider.
The post How to Talk to Your Doctor or Health Care Provider About Cannabis appeared first on Bloom Well.